- Rossiter Road – We have, to date, been unable to obtain a detailed programme for the completion of this project and are very aware of the concerns of residents and local traders about both the on-going work and the parking situation in the Parade and at the bottom of Widcombe Hill. It appears that the 10 or so parking places closed on Widcombe Hill will be unavailable for several weeks. The duration of parking suspensions on the Parade remains unclear. Please be assured that the Rossiter Road Subcommittee are doing their utmost to get some specific details from the Council as to the progress of work and the duration of parking suspensions.
- Improving Widcombe – We now have an agreed working structure for work on improving and monitoring the following areas; Entry to Widcombe; Environment and Planning;Transport; Widcombe Parade. Those who have signed up to one of these areas will be contacted soon. If you have registered a general interest, we will also be contacting you before long. If you have not attended either of our meetings on Improving Widcombe but would like to be involved in some way, do please contact us.
- Beechen Cliff School Master Plan Meeting – We have received, via Cllr Ian Gilchrist, an invitation to attend a meeting at Beechen Cliff School to view the new master plan for the school and have been asked to extend this invitation to you all.
“The Governors of Beechen Cliff have commissioned a new master plan for the school to follow on from the current one, which is nearing completion. There will be an opportunity for stakeholders to view the draft plans and to provide feedback. The plans are available from 6 pm to 8 pm on 19th March in the school hall and anyone who wishes to come and see them will be welcome.
There will be very brief presentations at 6 pm and 7 pm and the draft plans will be on view. Governors of the School and staff will be on hand to discuss them.”
- Membership and subscriptions – Our Membership Secretary, Ann Ashworth, still has some memberships to sort out. This is due to the change of subscription to £10 per household. Some people have not yet arranged to pay the new rate. This particularly applies to those who have standing orders. If you have any queries about the rate you are paying or wish to change your payment to a Direct Debit, please contact Ann.
- Widcombe Street Party – Plans are progressing for the celebration of our new village High Street on Sunday June 7th. This will be predominately for local residents and will take place all along the Parade with food, music and entertainment. Watch out for further details – and requests for help on the day!