2019 Widcombe Association Annual General Meeting
The annual general meeting took place on Tuesday 9th April at 19:30 at the Widcombe Social Club. With thanks to Phil Bendall for the photographs.
There was a strong attendance of some 60 members. In addition to reports from the Chair, Secretary and Treasurer the following key decisions were taken.
- to reappoint Jeremy Boss ( Widcombe Hill) as Chairman for a second three year term
- to reappoint Simon Brown (Traders Rep & Southcot Place) to the Main Committee for a second three years term
- to elect Mary Young (Alexandra Road) to join the MainCommittee
- to elect Rick Weatherhead (Ferrymead)to join the Main Committee
- to approve the 2018 Financial Statements as presented by the Treasurer and reviewed by the Independent Examiner *
- to reappoint Marilyn Phillips as Independent Examiner for 2020
*Note: The Associations turnover for 2018 was £33,973 (2018 £39,925) with an excess of expenditure over incomce of £1,409 (2018 £4,562). The accumulated reserves at 31 December 2018 stood at £11,337. Expenditure included donations to local charities of £6,040.
Local Election Hustings for Widcombe & Lyncombe Ward
All six candidates standing for election to Widcombe & Lyncombe were represented on the panel. They were in alphabetical order and left to right on panel (Jeremy Boss chairing in the in the centre):
Jasper Becker (Con)
Alison Born (Lib)
Winston Duguid (Lib)
Mary Flitton (Lab) (represented by Paul Purnell)
Adam Ley-Lange (Greens)
Mark Shelford (Con)
Each candidate made a short personal statement. Questions were then asked in advance and from the audience covering a range of topics including transport, congestion charges, environment, the rugby stadium proposals and what they would do for Widcombe.
Don’t forget to exercise your vote on 2nd May!
Jeremy Boss, WA Chair